|President||Henry Smerdon AM|
|Year of establishment||1971|
|Address||Mount Gravatt QLD, Australia|
|City||Byron Bay, New South Wales|
|Phone||+61 7 3735 7111|
Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia's first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.The university is named after Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice Premier of Queensland and the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia. Sir Samuel Griffith played a major role in the Federation of Australia and was the principal author of the Australian constitution.Opening initially with the one campus at Nathan and 451 students, the University now has five physical campuses spanning three cities, the largest of which are the Gold Coast campus at Southport and the Nathan campus in Brisbane. The Mount Gravatt and South Bank campuses are also located in Brisbane, while the Logan campus is at Meadowbrook. In 2018, the University launched its Digital campus, now its sixth campus, which offers a range of online degrees. Griffith has over 50,000 students and offers a full suite of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees in the areas of business and government, criminology and law, education, engineering and information technology, environment, planning and architecture, health, humanities and languages, music, science and aviation, and visual and creative arts. It is a verdant university and a member of the IRU.
MISSIONThe mission of Griffith University is to engage in outstanding scholarship that makes a major contribution to society and to produce groundbreaking research. Students will be provided with an excellent education and the capacity to develop and apply knowledge to exercise influence and make meaningful life-long contributions to their communities.
VALUES AND COMMITMENTSIn pursuit of our vision and mission, the University is committed to:
- Rigorous standards of scholarship
- Positively influencing our communities through teaching, research and scholarly activities
- Engaging students as partners in their education
- Recognising our location in the Asia–Pacific and deepening our engagement with the region
- Bringing disciplines together to address the key issues of our time
- Promoting the respect of individual rights and ethical standards
- Participatory decision making and problem solving
- Contributing to a robust, equitable and environmentally sustainable society
- Recognising and valuing diversity
- Recognising our first peoples and enabling their continued contribution to the nation
The Griffith University is a Public university located in Byron Bay.
The Griffith University was founded in 1971.
The current president of Griffith University is Henry Smerdon AM.