The Bachelor of Philosophy Science in Humanities and Social Sciences is offered by Australian National University.
Program Length: 4 YEARS.
Inspire your curious mind with the Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours).There’s no other degree like it in Australia. You’ll get to explore your interests by undertaking research as an undergraduate student, get one-on-one mentoring by leading academics… all while enjoying the camaraderie of a group of like-minded students.The research you’ll do throughout your degree is excellent preparation for your fourth, or Honours year of your PhB. You will undertake a year-long research project under the guidance of an academic supervisor. This is where you can really indulge your passion and explore a topic in detail.
- Develop, apply, integrate and generate knowledge in educational and professional contexts:
- Develop and use a range of skills and methods to identify, analyse and respond to complex problems and issues;
- Identify and apply various research concepts, methodologies and methods
- Work and learn in both independent and collaborative ways with others to encompass diverse abilities and perspectives;
- Negotiate research projects considering their academic relevance, possible academic contributions, and ethical implications;
- Source and critically analyse research literature related to their topics of interest and research;
- Appraise concepts and arguments related to their topics of interest and research;
- Convey and relate professional and disciplinary information and ideas to diverse audiences in effective and appropriate ways;
- Develop high level project management skills as support for independent study; and
- Exercise personal, professional and social responsibility as a global citizen.