Most demanded courses for international students in Australia
Friday, September 11, 2020
Considering taking a course in Australia? These are the most popular degrees.
- Accountancy: a bachelor’s degree in accountancy opens up a huge range of options, from several specializations and postgraduate options and employments. Tax and management accountancy are leading the list of the most demanded.
- Actuarial Science: This finance related science specializes in assessment risks in financial or insurance companies. Thanks to machine learning that banking, finance and insurance companies are applying, this industry is becoming everyday more popular and important to societies.
- Agricultural sciences: these sciences have many career options, from forestry, agriculture, farming to agronomy, since nowadays the importance of the quality in food sources Is increasing.
- Architecture: environmental needs are a challenge set forth in this industry. Universities are aware of the increasing importance of sun, rain, wind and designing homes and buildings that are energy efficient and have minimal impact on the landscape.
- Biomedical engineering: a combination of engineering, healthcare, biology and medicine to create systems and devices, this industry is challenged with diagnosing and treating diseases, as well as rehabilitation and injury management.
- Core engineering: as the population grows, technology evolves with it to create structure more sustainable, reliable, more efficient transportation and reducing minimal environmental impact. To achieve that, graduates of bachelor’s degrees in chemical, electrical, electronic and communication engineering as well as mechanical and industrial engineering are highly needed.
- Earth sciences: Australia is rich in mineral resources and mining metallurgy, oil, geology, and gas specialists are in shortage right now. How to extract these with minimal environmental impact is a question mark that need to be solve.
- Computer science and information technology: Computer sciences are in-demand not only in Australia but worldwide too. With the wave of Artificial Intelligence growing in the growing industry becomes an attractive career outcome for those who love tech.
- Psychology: this is a historically broad field because as the human changes, the human behavior and mind constantly need to be studied. Professionals graduates from a bachelor’s degree in psychology such as clinical psychologists, educational psychologists, organizational psychologists, and psychotherapists are highly needed.
- Tourism and hospitality management: The tourism industry in Australia is large and profitable, as the country is one of the preferred destinations for holidays.